What is Home Insurance?
A policy which covers protection of your home and personal belongings from fire, theft, vandalism and other perils. It is an important purchase ensuring the necessary protection you need for your home if you suffer loss.
Who needs Homeowner Insurance?
Homeowners are usually required by their mortgage companies. If your property is held by your lender as collateral, they will also require one.
Why do I need a Home Insurance?
Home Insurance protects your property from fire, theft, vandalism, natural disaster and other perils. The coverage depends though on what type of policy you avail.
What are most standard homeowner policies provides?
- Dwelling Coverage – pays to repair or rebuild your home
- Other Structures Coverage – pays damages to detached structures such as garage and fence.
- Personal Property Coverage – Reimburses you for the personal items in your home that may be damaged or destroyed by a covered cause of loss.
- Loss of use coverage – Pays additional housing and living expenses should you moved out from your home for necessary repairs.
- Liability Insurance – protect your assets and cover your defense costs in the event of a lawsuit because you or your family members are responsible for causing injuries or damage to other people or their property.
What to consider before you buy a home insurance.
As stated above, there are several types of home insurance to choose from.Also, you need to consider the insurance company you are buying it from. They are charging you different rates and will offer various coverage.
Who sells Homeowners Insurance?
You must buy insurance from a license agent or authorized company only.
Your home is your largest financial investment, yet a vulnerable one. To secure this, you must know how to protect your property and know what to do to care. Maybe it’s now time to get that protection you need.